Five Quick Rider Tips
We’ve been successfully working to reduce denials but with ever increasing numbers of ride requests it can still be challenging at times to get the rides you want. The following tips will help increase your chances of getting the ride you need.
- Reduce phone hold time. Call between 9:30am and 3:00pm to request a ride rather than at the beginning or end of the day.
- Call in advance. You can call up to 2 weeks before needed rides. We closely monitor the number of requests received and stop taking ride requests when at maximum capacity.
- Be flexible. Having flexibility in the times you can travel greatly increases the options for staff to find places in the schedule.
- Travel non-peak times. Make ride requests for less popular times. Reservation Center staff can advise on the least busy times.
- Use alternatives. You can learn to use MTD by taking advantage of our Mobility Training Service program. Call the Reservation Center for more information.