Easy Lift Transportation is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that provides a wide-variety of specialized transportation related services for the south Santa Barbara community.
Primary in the list of services we provide is our Dial-a-Ride service. With the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in 1990, transportation services for disabled individuals were mandated under federal law. The local agency responsible for providing this service is MTD (Metropolitan Transit District). After the ADA’s passage in 1991, MTD contracted with Easy Lift to become the sole provider of Dial-a-Ride services in south Santa Barbara County. Community members who are unable to drive or take the MTD bus due to physical or cognitive impairment can apply for Dial-a-Ride services.
In 2014, Easy Lift scheduled 88,244 rides for 3,120 passengers! Passengers use the service for a wide variety of purposes from medical appointments, work, school, grocery shopping, to quality of life activities such as church, recreation and entertainment. Easy Lift currently has 29 vehicles in our fleet including 27 wheelchair accessible vehicles. Our service area stretches from Winchester Canyon to Carpinteria, and we operate 363 days per year.
In addition, Easy Lift is truly a special community resource! As a nonprofit organization, Easy Lift is unique in the paratransit industry. Most similar organizations in the U.S. rely exclusively on government funding, while just half of our Dial-a-Ride funding is from the government. Because of our nonprofit status, Easy Lift can leverage those funds with additional fundraising activities which results in our ability to serve twice as many people.
As our nation grows older and those with physical challenges assert greater independence, the need for service is continually on the rise. Because transportation provides the independence vital to maintaining quality of life, Easy Lift will continually strive to expand its service to meet the unmet and growing needs of our community.
Information on all our services can be found here.
Our most recent annual report can be found here.
Passenger Survey Comments
- My ever lasting thanks for your service, long may you thrive! You are like a good friend.
- I really appreciate Easy Lift service, it gives us the freedom to get around, drivers are very polite and helpful.
- The service is very appreciated; Pleasant necessity.
- I don’t have enough words for the gratitude I have for this service. God bless you all!!
- I could not get by if not for you.
- Unbelievable help to those of us who no longer drive, who are elderly/infirm, my thanks to all concerned with this organization.
- Drivers are very helpful; I am grateful for this service, without you I would not be able to meet my needs. Thank you one and all!!